Tuesday, July 05, 2005

mixing it up...a little change...shifting gears

As a whole, my blog has been a bit random in its content. Sort of, whatever hit me at the moment whether it was a great CD or commenting or even something that ticked me off. That's going to change somewhat for a while (Yuck. Talk about your passive sentences!). As a part of a message series at The Journey Church I've offered to provide daily devotions (5 per week) to those who sign up by email. Since my style of communication is to weave in life stories , I thought I would post them here for eveyone's viewing pleasure...all four of you. In order to massage my ego I must mention that my readership has doubled from two to four in just two weeks. Watch out Terry Storch, here I come...

Change like this is supposed to be the demise of a blog. People read you because there's something they enjoy about what you write about and how you write about it. So I'll look at this as a bit of an experiment. Going from a personal comment on life kind of blog to a devotional kind of blog may knock my readership back to two but, hey, I'm willing to take the risk.

The primary reason to take the different approach for a while is quite simple. I'm lazy. I don't want to write the devotional and blog because, frankly, I don't like writing that much and I'm not as good as Alex McManus anyway. If you don't like the temporary change, go to Alex's blog. His glasses are the same as mine, he's a musician, and he's all about ministry to the next generation. Other than that we're not much alike because he's really smart and I'm just a dumb redneck. Oh yeah, and I've got this prominent Southern accent that he doesn't have. You have to admit that the accent doesn't come across too much in writing, does it?

Back on topic...If you're one of the four diehard readers out there, you just might be able to get something out of the devotions. If not, I completely understand. If it's worth anything, I reserve the right to interject moments of creative overflow or commentary on life as I deem necessary. I know that will help you rest better. We'll see what happens.

In his best Kip voice: Peace out.