Monday, July 25, 2005

football...Falcons...hot...fun

Today was the first day of training camp in for NFL teams. Since I live a mere 15 minutes from the Atlanta Falcons training facility and I'm a huge fan, I decided to endure the mid-90 temp and watch some football.

Big dudes. Except for Warrick Dunn. Michael Jenkins is a stick, but he can sure do the do. Then there's Ed Hartwell, our big free agency pick up. He's a beast. Michael Vick even acknowledged a bunch of kids that were screaming his name at the top of their lungs seeking his recognition. He gave it. Nice.

You can't get as close to the players as you could two years ago. That stinks. However, you didn't get to go to training camp two years ago, just passing camp. It's still a great thing to take in. It's FREE. If you want to park close you pay $5 to some Hall County booster clubs or you can follow me to a little known road across the street from the facility and park for free. It's not like watching them play the Eagles, but hey the price is certainly right.

It was stinkin' hot. I think the rest of practices I catch will be the morning ones, especially after school starts. There won't be as many people attending then.

I sure do miss being a high school football chaplain. Freaking ACLU.