Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Hillsong UNITED - Look to You :: REVIEW


Maybe I was having a bad day (don't think so) or maybe I just didn't like all of the slow songs on the previoius Hillsong UNITED project More Than Life but their latest project Look to You is absolutey fabulous. I got it for $14.98 at a Lifeway Store and I think FamilyChristian stores are running the same sale.

The first song Salvation is Here starts with a blistering bass line and takes off from there. In the middle is the beautiful All For Love that ends up being big, even huge in sound. My personal favorite on the CD is What the World Will Never Take. The words are phenomenal. These are not seeker songs. This is straight up God worship, loud and clear. If you believe in evangelistic, modern rock worship, then this is the CD for you.

It's a rarity that any CD in our day is beginning to end a great project. There's usually a bad song or two. I personally think there isn't a bad song on this CD. Not even a weak song.

BONUS: It comes with a bonus DVD that will rock your world. Turn it on and worship. My family did. One of the extras is a behind the scenes look at how they pulled of the recording of the event.

We very well may end up learning most of the songs on the CD. It's that good.