Thursday, June 09, 2005

nobody understands me when I talk Oklahoman...

My wife will tell you that in stressful situations that I revert back to my redneck/country/cowboy patterns of speech. This is exceedingly embarrassing for her. Fortunately, the last few times I have slipped she's not been around.

Just for fun I thought I would let you peek into my subconscious and see just how much of the West I have in me. When I say West, I really mean Western...like Tombstone western. Chew on these for a bit...

"You got a burr under your saddle?" This means, "What's disturbing you that you're not telling me about?" It can also be used combatively with a meaning of, "Who ticked you off?"

"Get off your high horse." Or, "Don't be so freaking arrogant."

"You're beatin' a dead horse." Which being interpreted means, "It's a lost cause, dude."

"You got a hitch in your get-along?" Always said with a wry smile, meaning "Have you seen a doctor about your back?"

There you have it. I'm pinein' for my ropers about now.