Tuesday, June 21, 2005

beach blanket blessing

It's been three years since our family had a real, shurnuff, vacation. Vacations in the church planting world seem few and far between for most guys. That's why church planters get discouraged. They don't know when to take a break. In their finite, but very good wisdom, the elders of The Journey decided they would make me take some time off before I get to an unhealthy state of emotion.

Thanks to a very generous family, we're headed to Panama City, FL for a week's worth of beach, pool, seafood, crab dip, watching movies, and hopefully a lot of reading. I'm talking serious down time. Our only connection with Atlanta will be our cell phones. That's right, no Internet for me for a week. I can feel the night sweats already. Since I don't own a laptop right now, I'll get whatever information necessary to life via the TV. GASP...reverting to something as arcane as the TV for information. Whatever will I do? I'm so spoiled.

As The Journey gets closer to the most critical time in it's short history, it's important that I stay spiritually focused and come back with a lot of leadership energy. So, just in case the four people that read my blog care, here's the books I'm taking with me to help me to do just that...







While we're out of town our home will be guarded by our trained attack dog. Let the reader feel the fear inherent with the name "Patches".