Friday, June 08, 2007

Another Paris Hilton blog entry...

I wonder how much time humanity lost today in following Paris Hilton's re-incarceration? The court did today what her family failed to do...enforce boundaries and show her the consequence of living outside those boundaries. Her courtroom antics were more like a chided toddler than a grown woman. Go figure.

One of the most refreshing things I heard today was from an 11 year old girl visiting our home. After our family's conversation about Ms. Hilton ended, the girl asked, "Who's Paris Hilton?" I responded, "It's really good you don't know." I wondered out loud to myself, "Why did I waste so much time listening to other people talk about it?" Perhaps I'll waste less time on stuff like that in the future.

Paris Hilton is a thumbnail of what's wrong with pop culture.


Wow, that's a great sentence if I may say so myself. I should have just left it at that. I'm too lazy to delete the other paragraphs.

Later...