Thursday, April 06, 2006

UNITED...incredible

In the Christian worship music subculture there are some psalmists/artists that receive rock star treatment. It's unfortunate, but it happens nontheless. There is a group of folks from down under that, at least on the surface, seem to be the real deal. The student worship ministry of Hillsong from Australia called UNITED exude genuineness. While I haven't met them personally, it is evident that there is something different about these people.

My wife and I went to see them at 7:22 last Tuesday night. As usual, the production was first class. The UNITED folks were in top musical form and more importantly, led the crowd in some very authentic worship. It was incredible. I know that may seem over the top to some, but that was the perception that I and my wife had of the evening.

I haven't picked up their new CD/DVD combo United We Stand, but I'm sure I'll buy it. Even though I'm a huge fan of ITunes, I'll pick up the good old fashioned hard copy. The DVD's these guys produce are very well done. It's worth the extra few bucks.