Thursday, April 14, 2005

Stunned, amazed, and in awe...then "Unbelievable."

"Unbelievable." That was the only thing I could say today after I hung up the phone from a 4.5 hour conversation. The culmination of a process that's actually been going on for three years. The search for the worship arts pastor that has the same passion, vision, and dreams as I do. It's unlike any ministry position interview I've ever been a part of. No committees (buzzards feasting on human carnage...see my previous post), no mind games, no Chamber of Commerce dog and pony show. As I talked in this unfettered walk to Emmaus I sat there stunned, amazed and in awe of God.

I've prayed, I've fasted, I've asked God to increase my faith, and I've told the mountain to take a hike. Then you wait for God to be who He says He is.

Then it happens. God moves.

I hung up the phone and say, "Unbelievable."

More later as we look for the jars to put the new wine in. I'm sure I saw some behind the mountain before it moved...