Friday, April 17, 2009

Another blogging cycle begins

It's evident that I blog in cycles. I think it's more about workload than commitment. Seth Godin will remain forever the Blog King in my mind.

A new cycle/season in my life has begun. I've taken a job (9 months into it now) as the Maturity|Missions pastor at Chestnut Mountain Church. The title is a bit confusing. It's really an executive pastor kind of gig. What it boils down to is that I manage people so our senior pastor doesn't have to. There's been a reorganization with student's and children's ministries reporting directly to Jeff. I still have plenty to do...

In the last nine months I've traveled to Uganda, Kenya, and Germany for mission trip stuff. Interesting to say the least. I must admit that Germany was my favorite. Not because it was 1st world. If anyone reads this that knows me, you know that I prefer difficult mission work, both physical and spiritual.

Germany has a desperate need for more church plants. There's some cool stuff going on, but young adults in that country are starving for relevant churches. I'm still praying about how I can help out there. Pondering...